Firefox + downloadhelper
Edmund
2015-03-06 16:34:54 UTC
Since an FF update the downloadhelper doesn't work anymore.
What is the best way to get it back working?

Edmund
yaz
2015-03-06 16:58:01 UTC
Post by Edmund
Since an FF update the downloadhelper doesn't work anymore.
What is the best way to get it back working?
Edmund
On the Add-ons page for 'old/broken' Video DownloadHelper:
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/?src=ss)
there's link to the new/improved which works for FF 36:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escaped_fragment_=forum/video-downloadhelper-5#!forum/video-downloadhelper-5

which in turn points you to the download page:
http://www.downloadhelper.net/install-beta.php?version=5.0.0a4

Hope this helps:)
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-06 17:40:35 UTC
Post by yaz
http://www.downloadhelper.net/install-beta.php?version=5.0.0a4
Hope this helps:)
Simply installing KODI always helps as they try to stay pretty current on
the apps and the settings they carry.

KODI also usually has better download stream support too.

Works well under android.

On a PC it might be better to actually do a full install of it, but it
also works as an "added in" "app", even though it takes over more than
just a couple items when you run it.

Another method is to instal Ubuntu Studio instead of the base Ubuntu.
It uses the low latency kernel, and has a lot of apps for video, etc.
already loaded.

I always install VLC player and MakeMKV as well. Their forums have
compile how-to posts for ffmpeg as well as makemkv.

I needed these as they DO support HD DVD and no Windows app does any
more. But I found that the entire system works better as it relates to
video display related apps.

Just DL and run an Ubu Studio Live CD of their upcoming release, and see
if the live session works in the area you are observing.
Godzilla
2015-03-07 01:02:49 UTC
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Post by Edmund
Since an FF update the downloadhelper doesn't work anymore.
What is the best way to get it back working?
Simply installing KODI always helps as they try to stay pretty current
on the apps and the settings they carry.
KODI also usually has better download stream support too.
Works well under android.
WTF does that have to do with FF under ubuntu?
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
On a PC it might be better to actually do a full install of it, but it
also works as an "added in" "app", even though it takes over more than
just a couple items when you run it.
So what?
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Another method is to instal Ubuntu Studio instead of the base Ubuntu.
It uses the low latency kernel, and has a lot of apps for video, etc.
already loaded.
So, to fix Firefox, you should install another OS?
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
I always install VLC player and MakeMKV as well. Their forums have
compile how-to posts for ffmpeg as well as makemkv.
I always look both ways when crossing the street.
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
I needed these as they DO support HD DVD and no Windows app does any
more. But I found that the entire system works better as it relates to
video display related apps.
No one cares about your god damned gimped PS3.
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Just DL and run an Ubu Studio Live CD of their upcoming release, and see
if the live session works in the area you are observing.
What?
LOL.
You need to be looking thru binoculars?
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
Edmund
2015-03-06 17:52:00 UTC
Post by yaz
http://www.downloadhelper.net/install-beta.php?version=5.0.0a4
Hope this helps:)
It does!
Thank you Sir.

BTW in the mean time first (this) posting appeared here too so ignore the
second one :-)

Edmund
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-06 17:56:13 UTC
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:52:00 +0000, Edmund wrote:

snip
Post by Edmund
BTW in the mean time first (this) posting appeared here too so ignore
the second one :-)
Edmund
You need to STOP doing that stupid re-post shit.

Your post will NOT always immediately "appear" on the server for you, ya
dope.

You should NEVER "re-post". And especially not when the damned answers
are flooding in making it obvious that your original got posted.
Godzilla
2015-03-07 01:04:54 UTC
Post by Edmund
BTW in the mean time first (this) posting appeared here too so ignore
the second one :-)
Edmund
You need to STOP doing that stupid re-post shit.
You need to stop acting like the group rooster.
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Your post will NOT always immediately "appear" on the server for you, ya
dope.
You should NEVER "re-post". And especially not when the damned answers
are flooding in making it obvious that your original got posted.
You should get a life.
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-07 01:56:32 UTC
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to
You need to fuck off and die.
Godzilla
2015-03-07 02:09:36 UTC
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to
You need to fuck off and die.
I'm a gonna pick one.
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
Carpe Diem
2015-03-07 11:00:26 UTC
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to fuck off and die.
I whish the same to you, well, concerning "fucking off" anyway.
But dying? No, just stop showing how stupid you are. That will make you
a little bit less... stupid.
--
Carpe Diem
"Make things as simple as possible,
but not simpler" (Albert Einstein).
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-07 14:57:02 UTC
Post by Carpe Diem
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to fuck off and die.
I whish the same to you, well, concerning "fucking off" anyway.
But dying? No, just stop showing how stupid you are. That will make you
a little bit less... stupid.
Fuck off, retarded Usenet jackass of the diem.

And YES, I DO hope that you fucking die as well.

And that right soon! Your 15 seconds of fame were over years ago!

Put that in your pipe and schreef it, you little bitch!
Godzilla
2015-03-07 16:58:38 UTC
Post by Carpe Diem
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to fuck off and die.
I whish the same to you, well, concerning "fucking off" anyway.
But dying? No, just stop showing how stupid you are. That will make you
a little bit less... stupid.
Fuck off, ... cluck, cluck, cluck.. cluck off!!
SNIP rooster clucking and crowing
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mechanic
2015-03-09 12:42:33 UTC
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:56:13 +0000, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
That's one word for it - other answers on a postcard please!
Cybe R. Wizard
2015-03-09 12:48:27 UTC
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 12:42:33 +0000
Post by mechanic
Post by Godzilla
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to STOP doing that stupid re-post shit.
You need to stop acting like the group rooster.
That's one word for it - other answers on a postcard please!
It figures that the two of you would have one another's address.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes
"The Barsoom Project"
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-09 16:05:57 UTC
Post by Cybe R. Wizard
Post by mechanic
Post by Godzilla
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to STOP doing that stupid re-post shit.
You need to stop acting like the group rooster.
That's one word for it - other answers on a postcard please!
It figures that the two of you would have one another's address.
What did I do to make you treat me like you treat them?

That was uncalled for.
Cybe R. Wizard
2015-03-09 16:08:02 UTC
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:05:57 +0000 (UTC)
Post by Cybe R. Wizard
Post by mechanic
Post by Godzilla
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to STOP doing that stupid re-post shit.
You need to stop acting like the group rooster.
That's one word for it - other answers on a postcard please!
It figures that the two of you would have one another's address.
What did I do to make you treat me like you treat them?
That was uncalled for.
You misunderstand. Follow the thread. I was referring to the
mecha-godzirra luv-fest.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes
"The Barsoom Project"
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 02:17:37 UTC
Post by Cybe R. Wizard
Post by mechanic
Post by Godzilla
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
You need to STOP doing that stupid re-post shit.
You need to stop acting like the group rooster.
That's one word for it - other answers on a postcard please!
It figures that the two of you would have one another's address.
What did I do to make you treat me like you treat them?
That was uncalled for.
Wow. Is this for real? You absolutely sound like a scorned lover. It
would take very little imagination to see the salty tears rolling down
your cheeks as your typed that out.

Btw, can you help me fix my download helper? It has been malfunctioning
since I updated Firefox.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 04:40:36 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Wow. Is this for real?
Go the fuck away, you nym shifted troll fuck!
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 05:30:20 UTC
Just be honest, were you crying when you made that post?
Bit Twister
2015-03-10 11:54:47 UTC
PLEASE, please, quit playing with the troll.

It makes you look stupid, lowers the group's signal to noise ratio, and you
become the troll's sex toy.

You make the troll's day anytime you reply to it.
Aragorn
2015-03-10 13:03:07 UTC
On Tuesday 10 March 2015 12:54, Bit Twister conveyed the following to
alt.os.linux.ubuntu...
Post by Bit Twister
PLEASE, please, quit playing with the troll.
It makes you look stupid, lowers the group's signal to noise ratio,
and you become the troll's sex toy.
You make the troll's day anytime you reply to it.
And you are telling that... _to_ a troll... :-/
--
= Aragorn =

http://www.linuxcounter.net - registrant #223157
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 18:05:46 UTC
Post by Bit Twister
PLEASE, please, quit playing with the troll.
It makes you look stupid, lowers the group's signal to noise ratio, and
you become the troll's sex toy.
You make the troll's day anytime you reply to it.
I realize that Aragorn is a troll, Bit Twister. I just had to say
something when he said this:

"What did I do to make you treat me like you treat them? That was
uncalled for."

to CybeRWizard. It was so cringe-worthy and I just couldn't pass it up.
It was actually a very beautiful representation of homo-eroticism. I
only ask that he take those types of conversations private, as this is
not the group for it.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 18:32:18 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Post by Bit Twister
PLEASE, please, quit playing with the troll.
It makes you look stupid, lowers the group's signal to noise ratio, and
you become the troll's sex toy.
You make the troll's day anytime you reply to it.
I realize that Aragorn is a troll, Bit Twister. I just had to say
"What did I do to make you treat me like you treat them? That was
uncalled for."
to CybeRWizard. It was so cringe-worthy and I just couldn't pass it up.
It was actually a very beautiful representation of homo-eroticism.
You are beyond full of shit, boy.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
only ask that he take those types of conversations private, as this is
not the group for it.
Take note, punk. The gist is that YOU were the one asked to leave and
STAY the fuck out.

You are just too goddamned stupid to know when you are being handed your
hat.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 18:33:32 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Post by Bit Twister
PLEASE, please, quit playing with the troll.
It makes you look stupid, lowers the group's signal to noise ratio, and
you become the troll's sex toy.
You make the troll's day anytime you reply to it.
I realize that Aragorn is a troll,
You're a goddamned idiot. That is not what was stated, word twisting
punk fuck!
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 18:40:01 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Post by Bit Twister
PLEASE, please, quit playing with the troll.
It makes you look stupid, lowers the group's signal to noise ratio,
and you become the troll's sex toy.
You make the troll's day anytime you reply to it.
I realize that Aragorn is a troll,
You're a goddamned idiot. That is not what was stated, word twisting
punk fuck!
Sure it was; that is exactly what was stated. BitTwister was responding
to me while speaking about Aragon. All you have to do is scroll back up
and read it.

You are a troll also and I'll take some of the wind out of your sails
before all is said and done. You will learn that your abrasive attitude
and behavior here won't be tolerated by everyone.

Do you understand?
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 18:42:13 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Sure it was; that is exactly what was stated. BitTwister was responding
to me while speaking about Aragon. All you have to do is scroll back up
and read it.
No, idiot. He was talking to me, but used your post to do it in.

Wanna bet?
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 18:55:14 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Sure it was; that is exactly what was stated. BitTwister was
responding to me while speaking about Aragon. All you have to do is
scroll back up and read it.
No, idiot. He was talking to me, but used your post to do it in.
Wanna bet?
No, that isn't correct. He simply wasn't intelligent enough to attribute
the post correctly. In that regard, he reminds me of you. You don't seem
very bright.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 18:58:18 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Sure it was; that is exactly what was stated. BitTwister was
responding to me while speaking about Aragon. All you have to do is
scroll back up and read it.
No, idiot. He was talking to me, but used your post to do it in.
Wanna bet?
No, that isn't correct. He simply wasn't intelligent enough to
attribute the post correctly. In that regard, he reminds me of you. You
don't seem very bright.
Nope. He answers one person via another person's post all the time.

He was talking to me, about you.
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 19:02:42 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Sure it was; that is exactly what was stated. BitTwister was
responding to me while speaking about Aragon. All you have to do is
scroll back up and read it.
No, idiot. He was talking to me, but used your post to do it in.
Wanna bet?
No, that isn't correct. He simply wasn't intelligent enough to
attribute the post correctly. In that regard, he reminds me of you.
You don't seem very bright.
Nope. He answers one person via another person's post all the time.
He was talking to me, about you.
No, that is incorrect. His post was attributed to me and he was
responding to me; that is how Usenet works. Ignorant little ways some of
you may have of communicating here is of very little concern to me.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 19:17:02 UTC
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 19:02:42 +0000, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del?© wrote:

snip
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
No, that is incorrect. His post was attributed to me
No. He hit respond while reading your post. The response, however, was
directed toward me, about you.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
and he was
responding to me;
No. He was telling me to STOP responding to troll fuck retards like you.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
that is how Usenet works.
You have no clue about Usenet, or how it works, or you would not have
entered the group with a foray of retarded troll spam posts.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Ignorant little ways some
of you may have of communicating here is of very little concern to me.
You have no clue what the word 'concern' means either, chump.
Otherwise, you would not have made retarded troll posts to the group.

Like I said...

Wanna bet? Well... do ya... punk?
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 19:27:30 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
No, that is incorrect. His post was attributed to me
No. He hit respond while reading your post. The response, however, was
directed toward me, about you.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
and he was responding to me;
Incorrect. He was responding to me because, let's see, he responded to
me.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
that is how Usenet works.
You have no clue about Usenet, or how it works, or you would not have
entered the group with a foray of retarded troll spam posts.
Spam is an attempt to sell a product of some sort, fuck-jaw. You don't
even know which terms to use. No wonder CybRWizard has to protect you
and shelter you.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Ignorant little ways some
of you may have of communicating here is of very little concern to me.
You have no clue what the word 'concern' means either, chump.
Otherwise, you would not have made retarded troll posts to the group.
Like I said...
Wanna bet? Well... do ya... punk?
Said poster responded to me because, well, he responded to me. It
doesn't get much more simple than that. You can't really explain away
the inability of certain posters here being unable to correctly identify
to whom they are responding.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 19:33:07 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Spam is an attempt to sell a product of some sort, fuck-jaw.
SPAM in Usenet can be ads, OR posting the SAME DRIVEL POST over and over
and over again, deliberately. That is the stupid shit YOU PULLED.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
You don't
even know which terms to use.
Sure I do. They call it SPAM in gaming chat too, when a fucktard like
you comes in and starts spewing horseshit.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
No wonder CybRWizard has to protect you
and shelter you.
Post your real name and address, pussy boy. I have no guards to keep me
safe. You have no excuse to hide. Right?

Here, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy...
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 19:48:58 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Spam is an attempt to sell a product of some sort, fuck-jaw.
SPAM in Usenet can be ads, OR posting the SAME DRIVEL POST over and over
and over again, deliberately. That is the stupid shit YOU PULLED.
That isn't spam, Taint Juice. Learn the terms and be somebody.
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
You don't
even know which terms to use.
Sure I do. They call it SPAM in gaming chat too, when a fucktard like
you comes in and starts spewing horseshit.
You are a rather stupid troll, aren't you?
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
No wonder CybRWizard has to protect you
and shelter you.
Post your real name and address, pussy boy. I have no guards to keep me
safe. You have no excuse to hide. Right?
Here, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy...
Right, "DecadentLinuxUser", you use your real name here. I am beginning
to feel that you are mentally handicapped. Your responses are way below
normal for most people.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 19:34:28 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Like I said...
Wanna bet? Well... do ya... punk?
Said poster responded to me because, well, he responded to me. It
doesn't get much more simple than that. You can't really explain away
the inability of certain posters here being unable to correctly identify
to whom they are responding.
Ask him, pussy boy!

Oh, that's right... you can't, because he very likely has YOU filtered
now!
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 18:42:56 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
You are a troll also
Nice try, punk.
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 18:58:05 UTC
Post by DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
You are a troll also
Nice try, punk.
E-suck CyberWizard's dick some more, you addle-minded spunk dumpster.
Cybe R. Wizard
2015-03-10 18:28:55 UTC
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:05:46 +0000 (UTC)
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
to CybeRWizard. It was so cringe-worthy and I just couldn't pass it up.
?? Why on Earth would you tell me this? Do you somehow labor under
the misconception that I care in the least? Post or pass on anything
you want. It makes no difference at all to me.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes
"The Barsoom Project"
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 18:40:59 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
to CybeRWizard. It was so cringe-worthy and I just couldn't pass it up.
?? Why on Earth would you tell me this? Do you somehow labor under the
misconception that I care in the least? Post or pass on anything you
want. It makes no difference at all to me.
Cybe R. Wizard
DecadentLinuxUser seems to be your subservient. Don't make the mistake
of imagining that everyone is.
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
2015-03-10 18:44:46 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
DecadentLinuxUser seems to be your subservient.
Your capacity to make valid observations rests firmly at NIL.
You get more retarded with every post you make.
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 18:52:23 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
DecadentLinuxUser seems to be your subservient.
Your capacity to make valid observations rests firmly at NIL.
No, I think you are pretty much his dirty cunt. I saw the way your
feelings were crushed when you imagined that he had insulted you.
IKYABWAI
Cybe R. Wizard
2015-03-10 18:46:01 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
to CybeRWizard. It was so cringe-worthy and I just couldn't pass it up.
?? Why on Earth would you tell me this? Do you somehow labor
under the misconception that I care in the least? Post or pass on
anything you want. It makes no difference at all to me.
Cybe R. Wizard
DecadentLinuxUser seems to be your subservient. Don't make the
mistake of imagining that everyone is.
I neither have anyone who is nor desire anyone to be subservient to me.
You are completely off-base with your assumptions.

Cybe R. Wizard -but that's no surprise
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes
"The Barsoom Project"
Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
2015-03-10 19:01:19 UTC
Post by Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€©
to CybeRWizard. It was so cringe-worthy and I just couldn't pass it up.
?? Why on Earth would you tell me this? Do you somehow labor under
the misconception that I care in the least? Post or pass on anything
you want. It makes no difference at all to me.
Cybe R. Wizard
DecadentLinuxUser seems to be your subservient. Don't make the mistake
of imagining that everyone is.
I neither have anyone who is nor desire anyone to be subservient to me.
You are completely off-base with your assumptions.
Cybe R. Wizard -but that's no surprise
No, you are incorrect. DecadentLinux is your tag-a-long and your
hyperactive cock sucker. You own him here in this group.