software responsible for the screensaver
gamo
2020-12-04 15:25:45 UTC
Hi, I'm having problems with the awake after the screensaver.
It's delayed a lot, so I have to disconnect it and I'm
burning my screen.

Thanks in davance.
--
http://gamo.sdf-eu.org/
"What happens in EuroVegas it remains in EuroVegas"
Bobbie Sellers
2020-12-04 15:50:00 UTC
Post by gamo
Hi, I'm having problems with the awake after the screensaver.
It's delayed a lot, so I have to disconnect it and I'm
burning my screen.
Thanks in davance.
Are you still using a CRT for display?

Are you seeing displays that you used in the past
showing up in ghost-like images on your display?

bliss - I have two CRTs but haven't turned them on
in years.
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
gamo
2020-12-04 19:05:00 UTC
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Post by gamo
Hi, I'm having problems with the awake after the screensaver.
It's delayed a lot, so I have to disconnect it and I'm
burning my screen.
Thanks in davance.
Are you still using a CRT for display?
No, it's a flat screen.
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Are you seeing displays that you used in the past
showing up in ghost-like images on your display?
No.
Post by Bobbie Sellers
bliss - I have two CRTs but haven't turned them on
in years.
That's what I want, don't touch on and off.
In settings normally I select 15 minutes.
Thanks.
Bobbie Sellers
2020-12-04 19:34:30 UTC
Post by gamo
Post by Bobbie Sellers
bliss - I have two CRTs but haven't turned them on
in years.
That's what I want, don't touch on and off.
In settings normally I select 15 minutes.
Thanks.
I do not think you can burn your flat screen as
we used to see on CRTs. In any event you can turn off
your screen saver. On my machine using KDE's Plasma 5
I can set the time to turn off the backlighting on the
display, under two conditions, #1 when I lock the screen
as I leave the machine and #2 when the machine powers down
for lack of input.

bliss - “Nearly any fool can use a computer. Many do.” After all here I
am...
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
gamo
2020-12-04 22:23:28 UTC
Post by gamo
Post by Bobbie Sellers
bliss - I have two CRTs but haven't turned them on
in years.
That's what I want, don't touch on and off.
In settings normally I select 15 minutes.
Thanks.
    I do not think you can burn your flat screen as
we used to see on CRTs.  In any event you can turn off
your screen saver.  On my machine using KDE's Plasma 5
I can set the time to turn off the backlighting on the
display, under two conditions, #1 when I lock the screen
as I leave the machine and #2 when the machine powers down
for lack of input.
    bliss - “Nearly any fool can use a computer. Many do.” After all
here I am...
Well, it is said that a normal screen have around 60000 hours of life.
Gordon
That is 6.8 years, if on all the time.
gamo
2020-12-05 19:51:42 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by gamo
Post by gamo
Post by Bobbie Sellers
bliss - I have two CRTs but haven't turned them on
in years.
That's what I want, don't touch on and off.
In settings normally I select 15 minutes.
Thanks.
    I do not think you can burn your flat screen as
we used to see on CRTs.  In any event you can turn off
your screen saver.  On my machine using KDE's Plasma 5
I can set the time to turn off the backlighting on the
display, under two conditions, #1 when I lock the screen
as I leave the machine and #2 when the machine powers down
for lack of input.
    bliss - “Nearly any fool can use a computer. Many do.” After all
here I am...
Well, it is said that a normal screen have around 60000 hours of life.
That is 6.8 years, if on all the time.
That's it. After set off the screensaver and power off the screen,
the screen did not awake anymore. It blinks as it receives power,
but do not want to show anything. Hardware problem.
Time to buy a better monitor.

Thank you all for your help.
Sam E
2020-12-05 19:41:59 UTC
On 12/4/20 1:05 PM, gamo wrote:

[snip]
Post by gamo
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Are you still using a CRT for display?
No, it's a flat screen.
I once had a flat screen CRT monitor, 19-inch and really heavy.

[snip]
--
20 days until the winter celebration (Fri, Dec 25, 2020 12:00:00 AM for
1 day).
Bobbie Sellers
2020-12-05 20:02:39 UTC
Post by Sam E
[snip]
Post by gamo
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Are you still using a CRT for display?
No, it's a flat screen.
I once had a flat screen CRT monitor, 19-inch and really heavy.
[snip]
--
20 days until the winter celebration (Fri, Dec 25, 2020 12:00:00 AM for
1 day)
Ah but you can start it on the 20th, imploring the Solar return, wait
rejoicing as the Sun comes up on the 22nd and then celebrate the
Saturnalia from the 24th to the First of the Year but remember to
keep Covid-19 precautions in place this year.

Always remember to eat NO hot dog buns on Friday!
Eris and Discordia, two names for the principle of discord that
rules our world.

Aragorn
2020-12-05 20:04:55 UTC
Post by Sam E
[snip]
Post by gamo
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Are you still using a CRT for display?
No, it's a flat screen.
I once had a flat screen CRT monitor, 19-inch and really heavy.
I've still got three of them sitting around — one 19" and two 22".
They're too heavy for me to lift — four intervertebral hernias — or
else I would have taken them in for recycling a long time ago.
--
With respect,
= Aragorn =
Dirk T. Verbeek
2020-12-06 12:00:32 UTC
Things fixable with the oldest tool known to mankind, a hammer...
Bobbie Sellers
2020-12-06 15:47:39 UTC
Post by Dirk T. Verbeek
Post by Aragorn
I've still got three of them sitting around — one 19" and two 22".
They're too heavy for me to lift — four intervertebral hernias — or
else I would have taken them in for recycling a long time ago.
Things fixable with the oldest tool known to mankind, a hammer...
Not a good solution considering the chemicals inside the
big heavy picture tube. Not even legal in most nations that give
a damn about the health of their people.

Aragorn just hire someone to move them to the recyclers.
Maybe inquire of the recyclers if they have a service to
recommend or will do it themselves.

I have a 90 lb. 17 Trinitron Multiscan G200 sitting on the
shelf behind my laptop, saving it for the resurrection of the Amiga
2000b sitting at my left hand under my latest communication toy,
A Dell Latitude E7450, which I bought used (how else) to use
once a month in the San Francisco LUG virtual meetings at jit.si

Eventually someone will have to pay movers to get the ancient
heater out of the place when I am no longer the tenant.

azigni
2020-12-04 18:32:44 UTC
You can disable it in settings.
Andrei Z.
2020-12-05 05:41:50 UTC
Post by gamo
Hi, I'm having problems with the awake after the screensaver.
It's delayed a lot, so I have to disconnect it and I'm
burning my screen.
Thanks in davance.
If Ubuntu and GnomeScreensaver
then maybe
CRITICAL Unable to create a DBus proxy for GnomeScreensaver - Ask Ubuntu
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1024019/critical-unable-to-create-a-dbus-proxy-for-gnomescreensaver/1297301
Melzzzzz
2020-12-05 05:46:31 UTC
Post by gamo
Hi, I'm having problems with the awake after the screensaver.
It's delayed a lot, so I have to disconnect it and I'm
burning my screen.
Thanks in davance.
Can you be more descriptive? DE, which screensaver?
--
current job title: senior software engineer
skills: c++,c,rust,go,nim,haskell...

U ničemu ja ne uživam kao u svom statusu INVALIDA -- Zli Zec
Svi smo svedoci - oko 3 godine intenzivne propagande je dovoljno da jedan narod poludi -- Zli Zec
Na divljem zapadu i nije bilo tako puno nasilja, upravo zato jer su svi
bili naoruzani. -- Mladen Gogala