Much like KDEConnect, NitroShare is FOSS software for file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi between Linux & Android
Arlen Holder
2020-11-27 05:00:31 UTC
FYI... Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wrote a tutorial for file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi
between Android and any desktop (Mac, Linux, or Windows).

I only tested it on Windows, so I simply point you to that tutorial.

o Tutorial NitroShare FOSS cross-platform file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi between any desktop & Android
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/mbOyLNcrCK4>

What I like about NitroShare over KDEConnect is the sheer simplicity.
o It doesn't try to do anywhere as much as KDEConnect attempts to do.

It just transfers your files & folders over Wi-Fi to/from the desktop.
--
See also:
o KDE Connect is a keeper for sending & receiving files over your Wi-Fi LAN to/from any desktop to/from any Android phone!
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/4x1rf1JefW8>
Peter Köhlmann
2020-11-27 14:24:27 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
FYI... Happy Thanksgiving!
I just wrote a tutorial for file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi
between Android and any desktop (Mac, Linux, or Windows).
I only tested it on Windows, so I simply point you to that tutorial.
o Tutorial NitroShare FOSS cross-platform file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi between any desktop & Android
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/mbOyLNcrCK4>
What I like about NitroShare over KDEConnect is the sheer simplicity.
o It doesn't try to do anywhere as much as KDEConnect attempts to do.
It just transfers your files & folders over Wi-Fi to/from the desktop.
And is pretty useless because of that. Who needs such simple stuff, when
you can do that easily with the basic Bluetooth stack in linux
Arlen Holder
2020-11-27 18:25:22 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
And is pretty useless because of that. Who needs such simple stuff, when
you can do that easily with the basic Bluetooth stack in linux
Hi Peter,

Regarding Wi-Fi transfer between Android & Ethernet'd desktops:
o <Loading Image...>

Thank you for your purposefully helpful advice that it's "pretty useless"
to be able to easily transfer files at the touch of a button using Wi-Fi
between their Android device and a non-bluetooth non-Wi-Fi desktop (which
is connected only by Ethernet to the LAN).

Can you point us to a tutorial or explanation of how your suggested
solution works over Wi-Fi for a non-bluetooth Ethernet'd desktop please?

Thanks, as we greatly appreciate your always helpful astute advice.
Peter Köhlmann
2020-11-27 21:21:33 UTC
o <https://i.postimg.cc/qBsN34fN/nitroshare04.jpg>
Thank you for your purposefully helpful advice that it's "pretty useless"
to be able to easily transfer files at the touch of a button using Wi-Fi
between their Android device and a non-bluetooth non-Wi-Fi desktop (which
is connected only by Ethernet to the LAN).
Pretty useless is your constant blubblering and throwing around of stuff
you know absolutely nothing about.
Arlen Holder
2020-11-28 03:10:05 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Pretty useless is your constant blubblering and throwing around of stuff
you know absolutely nothing about.
Who needs such simple stuff, when you can do that easily with the basic
Bluetooth stack in linux
Hi Peter,

Given the dual-boot desktop has no bluetooth nor Wi-Fi to speak of, can you
please expound on your always purposefully helpful insightful advice below:

"Who needs such simple stuff, when you can do that easily
with the basic Bluetooth stack in linux"

Can you point us to a tutorial or explanation of how your suggested
solution works as we hopefully await your constructive perspicacity.

Thanks!
--
While my desktop does not have a Wi-Fi NIC, it is connected via Wi-Fi to
the LAN (which is far, far, away); but via a short Ethernet connection to a
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/PkD0jfa9GqM>
Peter Köhlmann
2020-11-28 08:55:48 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Pretty useless is your constant blubblering and throwing around of stuff
you know absolutely nothing about.
Who needs such simple stuff, when you can do that easily with the basic
Bluetooth stack in linux
Hi Peter,
Given the dual-boot desktop has no bluetooth nor Wi-Fi to speak of, can you
"Who needs such simple stuff, when you can do that easily
with the basic Bluetooth stack in linux"
Can you point us to a tutorial or explanation of how your suggested
solution works as we hopefully await your constructive perspicacity.
Idiot. But in your backwater area, a simple bluetooth usb-stick is
naturally unheard of. And soooo expensive! You would never be able to
have the means to buy one
Arlen Holder
2020-11-29 04:33:29 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Idiot. But in your backwater area, a simple bluetooth usb-stick is
naturally unheard of. And soooo expensive! You would never be able to
have the means to buy one
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your always intelligent posts of purposefully helpful advice!
o Would you kindly confirm what exactly makes me the "idiot" in your mind?

Is it that the bluetooth dongle isn't even needed, that makes me an idiot?
o Or is it the fact that the not-needed bluetooth is slower than Wi-Fi?

Given you mention money, is it that I didn't buy what isn't even needed?

I respect your acumen so please advise why _not_ purchasing something that
is not only not needed, but also slower, makes me an "idiot" in your mind.

Thanks!
It's sad when morons are too stupid to even realize how stupid they are.
DanS
2020-11-28 12:43:11 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Given the dual-boot desktop has no bluetooth nor Wi-Fi to
speak of, can you please expound on your always
"Who needs such simple stuff, when you can do that easily
with the basic Bluetooth stack in linux"
Can you point us to a tutorial or explanation of how your
suggested solution works as we hopefully await your
constructive perspicacity.
Thanks!
Interesting signature.

It shows me that you know a lot of buzzwords...

Arlen Holder
2020-11-29 04:33:31 UTC
Post by DanS
It shows me that you know a lot of buzzwords...
Hi DanS,

Thank you for your purposefully helpful critique of a Usenet post sig.
o Dan Purgert will be glad to discuss the details with you.

For more information, there's an entire thread (which those "buzzwords"
summarized), containing probably fifty to a hundred annotated diagrams:
o Tutorial to set up a desktop to obtain Wi-Fi from miles away
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.os.linux/c/n7VGUrGdXiA/m/Bj-tflqnBQAJ>

Please read the thread and let us know what you learned about being
able to connect your Linux desktop to an access point that can be
hundreds of feet to miles away.
The less people know of a subject, the more they criticize others.
DanS
2020-12-02 12:59:36 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by DanS
It shows me that you know a lot of buzzwords...
Hi DanS,
Thank you for your purposefully helpful critique of a
Usenet post sig. o Dan Purgert will be glad to discuss the
details with you.
For more information, there's an entire thread (which those
"buzzwords" summarized), containing probably fifty to a
hundred annotated diagrams: o Tutorial to set up a desktop
to obtain Wi-Fi from miles away
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.os.linux/c/n7VGUrGdXiA/m/Bj
-tflqnBQAJ>
Please read the thread and let us know what you learned
about being able to connect your Linux desktop to an access
point that can be hundreds of feet to miles away.
I doubt I'd learn anything from you... I've been in the wireless biz since the early 80's.

Starting with voice 2-way, then packet radio. At one point I was part of Clearwire (the
original Clearwire, not Craig McCaw's "Clearwire") in my role setting up tower sites
during depolying statewide wireless.networks. Most recently, the role I have in my
current position includes designing outdoor wireless networks for municipalites for
traffic control and video surveilance, and whatever other data-moving needs they have.
There's a lot of work in SCADA systems too.

I write s/w for administration of 802.11 devices, run prop studies, come up with custom
configs per individual client requirements, etc., etc.

I don't know who Dan Purget is, but, I'm sure he's someone you have a "feud" with
because he's called you out on your bullshit pompous attitude?

Perhaps, your sig was written like that because English is your second language?

I mean....here's the first sentence. Read it, and tell me if it makes ANY sense...

..."While my desktop does not have a Wi-Fi NIC, it is connected via Wi-Fi to
the LAN (which is far, far, away); but via a short Ethernet connection..."...

If it doesn't have a WiFI NIC, how is it connected 'via WiFI' to anything
to 'the LAN'? What LAN? Are you calling the internet, the LAN?
Arlen Holder
2020-12-04 19:23:30 UTC
Post by DanS
I doubt I'd learn anything from you...
Hi Dan S.,

Thank you for your quite correct comprehension that you are unable to
learn, where, the topic of this thread is to let Linux folk know about
NitroShare, which, much like KDEConnect, allows seamless ad hoc Wi-Fi
connections for data transfer over the local LAN from/to Android.
Post by DanS
I've been in the wireless biz since the early 80's.
At the risk of stating the obvious, this thread isn't about you proving you
know absolutely nothing about ad hoc Wi-Fi connections between Android and
Linux, since these protocols didn't even exist in your "learning" days.
Post by DanS
Starting with voice 2-way, then packet radio. At one point I was part of Clearwire (the
original Clearwire, not Craig McCaw's "Clearwire") in my role setting up tower sites
during depolying statewide wireless.networks. Most recently, the role I have in my
current position includes designing outdoor wireless networks for municipalites for
traffic control and video surveilance, and whatever other data-moving needs they have.
There's a lot of work in SCADA systems too.
I write s/w for administration of 802.11 devices, run prop studies, come up with custom
configs per individual client requirements, etc., etc.
Again, I'm sure we all appreciate that you're clarifying that you know
nothing about ad hoc Wi-Fi connections between Android & Linux.

If you did, you'd have added at least a tidbit of on-topic value...
o And yet, you repeatedly prove you can't add _any_ on-topic technical value.
Post by DanS
I don't know who Dan Purget is, but, I'm sure he's someone you have a "feud" with.
Hehhehheh... there are quite a few people who think they're smart, like
you, who, when you look at _every_ post from them, _never_ seem to be able
to impart _any_ on-topic technical value.

For example, you, yourself, complained about a sig, of all things.
o And then you confirm that you know _nothing_ about the topic.

What did any of us learn, from you, Dan S. about WiFi ad hoc connections
between Android & Linux from your two posts to this thread to date?
Post by DanS
because he's called you out on your bullshit pompous attitude?
*Why did you post, DanS, to a topic where you clearly _can't_ add value?*
o In this way, you're acting exactly like this Dan Purgert character does.
Post by DanS
Perhaps, your sig was written like that because English is your second language?
I mean....here's the first sentence. Read it, and tell me if it makes ANY sense...
I feel a bit sorry for you Dan S., because you're out of your league, so
you resort, as dunning-kruger quadrant 1 people are wont to do, to an
"instant child", by throwing ad hominem insults.

Just like that well-known utter moron Peter Kohlmann who is so stupid he
couldn't even comprehend that the topic was "Wi-Fi" and not "Bluetooth",
and then, in response facts, like you, turned into an "instant child" with
the ad hominem attacks, by calling me an "idiot" simply _he_ is incapable
of figuring out that Wi-Fi is faster & better than bluetooth.

Neither one of you has ever added any value to this newsgroup in your life
o Worse, both your trolling thoroughly polluted this thread, needlessly so

Both of you, as with Dan Purgert, turn into "instant children" the moment
you're confronted with something as simple as a fact you can't comprehend.

YOU are the one who added negative value by childishly criticizing a mere
sig; and then you're the one who is _still_ complaining that you have no
knowledge whatsoever of ad hoc Wi-Fi connections.
Post by DanS
..."While my desktop does not have a Wi-Fi NIC, it is connected via Wi-Fi to
the LAN (which is far, far, away); but via a short Ethernet connection..."...
If it doesn't have a WiFI NIC, how is it connected 'via WiFI' to anything
to 'the LAN'? What LAN? Are you calling the internet, the LAN?
Everyone already knows you, and Peter Kohlmann can't ever add any value.
o If you do have on-topic value to add to this thread - why didn't you?

HINT: You can't.
o Otherwise you would have added _something_ of on-topic technical value.

So why do you waste everyone's time simply proving you know absolutely
nothing about the ad hoc Wi-Fi topic at hand, which is, and I repeat:
o Much like KDEConnect, NitroShare is FOSS software for file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi between Linux & Android
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.os.linux/c/D8bDL4LjlhQ>

All you and Peter did was pollute this thread with your worthless trolling.
o You both proved, as does Dan Purgert, you can't _ever_ add on-topic value.
Most people post to Usenet to add value; Dan & Peter post to reduce value.
DanS
No, unable to learn....FROM YOU...is what I said.
Kenny McCormack
2020-12-05 11:48:34 UTC
Post by DanS
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by DanS
I doubt I'd learn anything from you...
Hi Dan S.,
Thank you for your quite correct comprehension that you are
unable to learn,
No, unable to learn....
Unable to learn is unable to learn. Nothing more to be said.
--
They say compassion is a virtue, but I don't have the time!

- David Byrne -
Peter Köhlmann
2020-12-05 11:53:06 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by DanS
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by DanS
I doubt I'd learn anything from you...
Hi Dan S.,
Thank you for your quite correct comprehension that you are
unable to learn,
No, unable to learn....
Unable to learn is unable to learn. Nothing more to be said.
Actually, there is nothing useful to be "learnable" from "Arlen Holder".
That guy is an idiot troll. The only thing one could "learn" from that
scum is being an idiot.
Arlen Holder
2020-12-06 15:21:31 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Actually, there is nothing useful to be "learnable" from "Arlen Holder".
That guy is an idiot troll. The only thing one could "learn" from that
scum is being an idiot.
At the risk of feeding the worthless pieces of shit trolls who infested
this thread... I point out the simplest of the most obvious of facts...

The fact remains for the permanent record, which _adults_ will comprehend:
a. *I posted a topic of value about Wi-Fi ad hoc connection to linux*
b. *Nobody else did*. (Instead of adding value, they subtracted value.)

I love that it's easy to prove me 100% correct by simply pointing to
EXACTLY what those worthless pieces of shit like the Kolhmann troll wrote.

1. *I posted useful information about Wi-Fi ad hoc connections to Linux*
(NitroShare is similar but simpler & more robust than is KDEConnect)

2. Peter Kohlmann, a known worthless piece of shit troll who has _never_
authored a thread of added value on this newsgroup in his life,
then calls me an "idiot" because I'm not stupid, like he is, in
thinking Wi-Fi is bluetooth (Peter couldn't tell the difference).

3. Dan S, a less-known worthless piece of shit troll, actually complained
about a sig. Of all things to complain about, he complains about a sig.
Then he tells us he knows nothing about ad hoc Wi-Fi. And, he says
he can't learn anything about it (which he proved by not adding value).

Once these worthless pieces of shit trolls Peter Kohlmann and Dan S. have
infested a thread, its utility is ruined for the _adults_ on this
newsgroup, so it's not surprising their sock puppets come to their rescue.

And yet, the fact remains, which _adults_ will comprehend, which is:
a. I posted a topic of value about Wi-Fi ad hoc connection to linux
b. Nobody else did. (Instead of adding value, they subtracted value.)
--
The sad thing about these morons is they're too stupid to realize it.
They can't ever add value to _any_ topic on this newsgroup.
ANd they proved me 100% correct, yet again, very sadly to point out.
Arlen Holder
2020-12-06 15:50:00 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
a. I posted a topic of value about Wi-Fi ad hoc connection to linux
b. Nobody else did. (Instead of adding value, they subtracted value.)
I am a man.
o I openly apologize for my faux pas, when/if I make them.

Hence, I need to openly apologize to Kenny McCormack.

I apologize to Kenny McCormack because he was another adult on this thread
(which I inadvertently hadn't acknowledged in my prior response).

Kenny instantly comprehended what the worthless pieces of shit trolls did
to this thread, and I'm sure, he understood very clearly that the topic was
of germane value, while _all_ the posts by the worthless pieces of shit
trolls Dan S & Peter Kohlmann simply proved they were subtracting value.

In deference to the _adults_ on this newsgroup, I clarify salient facts:

1. I posted a topic of apropos value, which was, in addition to KDEConnect,
that NitroShare was, in my experience, simpler, & hence more robust for
ad hoc Wi-Fi connections between Android & the (linux) desktop.

2. Worthless pieces of shit trolls, by way of contrast, subtracted value:
a. The Kohlmann troll proved he can't even tell Wi-Fi from Bluetooth
b. The DanS troll proved he's incapable of learning about ad hoc Wi-Fi

3. Kenny McCormack, to his _adult_ credit, correctly ascertained DanS being
"Unable to learn is unable to learn. Nothing more to be said."

I apologize to Kenny, and to all adults, that we have to deal with these
trolls, where my "strategy" is to confront them, frontally, as any
intelligent person can see I did with Mr. Kohlmann from the start.

I let them prove to all what they are, as I led them into their own trap:
A. Peter Kohlmann _repeatedly_ proved he doesn't know Wi-Fi from Bluetooth
B. DanS _repeatedly_ proved he knows nothing of ad hoc Wi-Fi (& can't learn)

Neither of those worthless pieces of shit trolls attempted to add value
o HINT: They can't.

I apologize to adults on this newsgroup, and for the permanent record:
o <http://tinyurl.com/alt-os-linux> <http://alt.os.linux.narkive.com>
o <http://alt.os.linux.ubuntu.narkive.com>
that I had to deal with the cesspool that these trolls dragged me into.

To the _adults_ on this newsgroup, in an attempt to pull this thread out of
the cesspool of ignorance the trolls dragged it into, the main point to
learn is the factual observation that NitroShare is a "keeper" if what you
want is _simple_ and reliable ad hoc file transfer over Wi-Fi.

I only ask others to attempt to _add value_ to that topic.

It's fine for a thread to have only the opening post if nobody can add any
more value than did the original poster did (rest assured, that's fine!).

But if adults _do_ have value to add, then it would benefit everyone.
o *Do you know of something better than NitroShare for Wi-Fi ad hoc xfer?*
This thread was posted out of the goodness of my heart, to help others.
J.O. Aho
2020-12-06 15:51:28 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
(NitroShare is similar but simpler & more robust than is KDEConnect)
NitroShare features:
- file sharing

KdeConnect features:
- file sharing
- notification sharing
- remote code execution
- media controller
- virtual trackpad
- sms sending

comparing apples with oranges, one product can just do one thing while
the other has plentiful of features.

Compare the nitroshare with sftp services for android and you are
comparing something that offers the same kind of feature.
//Aho
Arlen Holder
2020-12-06 16:20:03 UTC
Post by J.O. Aho
comparing apples with oranges, one product can just do one thing while
the other has plentiful of features.
Hi J.O. Aho,

Thank you for adding needed on-topic technical value which I had omitted.
o Others who have used neither ad hoc Wi-Fi file xfer tools will benefit.

Yes. You are _completely_ correct. Absolutely correct.
o NitroShare does _one_ thing and one thing only:

Ad hoc Wi-Fi file & folder transfer
o <https://i.postimg.cc/qBsN34fN/nitroshare04.jpg>

Between the (Mac/Linux/Windows) desktop and Android:
o <Loading Image...>

By way of functional contrast, KDEConnect does much more:
o <Loading Image...>

Yet, with that functionality, comes a bit more, shall we say, complexity:
o <Loading Image...>

Luckily, all that I need, is the file xfer capability
o But I agree fully that KDEConnect does far _more_ than does NitroShare.

Hence I appreciate that you patiently and politely pointed that out
o As others, who have used neither, will benefit from the contrast.

In the NitroShare tutorial was a link to my KDEConnect tutorial:
o KDE Connect is a keeper for sending & receiving files over your Wi-Fi LAN to/from any desktop to/from any Android phone!
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/4x1rf1JefW8>

Where I quote, verbatim, what I said about KDEConnect in that thread:
*** begin verbatim quote ***
KDE Connect does other "magic" than transfer files from/to desktops.
o End-to-end TLS encryption
o Send/receive files
o Notification on desktop of SMS texts
o Notification on desktop of incoming phone calls
o Syncing of contacts between phone & desktop
o Shared clipboard, e.g., copy and paste URLs between devices.
o Turns the phone screen into a wi-fi wireless mouse
o Android notifications show up on the desktop
o Control desktop video/audio player from Android
o Controls desktop slideshow next slide/previous slide from Android
o Runs commands remotely
etc.
All without root, without cost, and using open source freeware.

Note that there is no USB or Bluetooth required.
o It works over the LAN which you normally already have working fine.

Of the score of cross-platform keepers, KDEConnect is one of them.
*** end verbatim quote ***

For those who wish to install KDEConnect on Linux & Android, that tutorial
contains scores of links and a handful of annotated screenshots to help
you.

In summary, _thank you_ for pointing out that KDEConnect does far more than
does NitroShare, even as both do ad hoc Wi-Fi file xfer with Android.
--
PS: Someone on this ng turned me on to KDEConnect, whom I learned from,
well enough to write the tutorial, where I wonder if it was you who had

Note: I "can" learn from anyone; even from the trolls, as I am an adult.
Arlen Holder
2020-12-06 17:44:40 UTC
Hi JO Aho,

Again, I thank you for _adding_ value, out of the goodness of your heart.

In keeping with the concept that (a) we all can learn from each other, and
(b) the topic at hand is ad hoc Wi-Fi transfer between Linux & Android...

1. Was it you I had recently learned about KDEConnect from? (March 2020)
(It was _someone_ on this newsgroup for sure who had suggested it.)

2. One thing NitroShare 'claims' it does is "folder" transfer.
I'm not sure KDEConnect claims folder transfer.
But when I tried it with my Android "Pictures" folder; it didn't
bring along the "Screenshots" subfolder & PNG files along with it.
So, maybe that's an empty claim anyway (others may confirm or deny).

3. I should retract my adjective that NitroShare is, perhaps, more "robust".
More detail on the reason for that retraction is in this thread:
o Do your Windows:Android ad hoc Wi-Fi connections eventually time out?
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/Hb4992g5elg>

In summary, NitroShare & KDEConnect ad hoc Wi-Fi are different, I agree...
o NitroShare only does the file transfer part (maybe folders too?)
o KDEConnect does not only file transfer, but lots of other "magic"
What adults can do which benefits all, is add value to the topic.
Arlen Holder
2020-12-08 01:59:32 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
2. One thing NitroShare 'claims' it does is "folder" transfer.
I'm not sure KDEConnect claims folder transfer.
But when I tried it with my Android "Pictures" folder; it didn't
bring along the "Screenshots" subfolder & PNG files along with it.
So, maybe that's an empty claim anyway (others may confirm or deny).
For the record, I've been having connection issues with NitroShare
o But no worse than those same issues with KDEConnect

So, I'm pretty sure they're only related to the firewall & WiFi network.
o Do your Network:Android ad hoc Wi-Fi connections eventually time out?
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/Hb4992g5elg>

Nonetheless, I did test the sharing of entire folder hierarchies.
o You can even turn off the copying of files of the same name

NitroShare can share the entire DCIM or Pictures folder, including all sub
folders within, which makes things particularly easy for photos and images.

Unfortunately, while NitroShare can replace files of the same name with the
same name or create a numerical appended character to the name, it can't
just "skip" the file if it already exists, which would save a bit of time.

So if you're gonna do entire directories (out of convenience), I suggest
o NitroShare Settings > [x]Replace existing files with the same name

Another GUI issue I have with NitroShare is its file browser can't sort by
LIFO or even in Descending order (where I generally share the latest image
files most often, and "Pictures" & "Screenshots" even more often).

I have recently authored a bunch of tutorials on making Android shortcuts
o Quick tutorial for creating Android homescreen shortcuts using custom icons
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/if4FD2NFEnk>

I was hoping to use these shortcuts to make NitroShare a bit easier to use:
o <Loading Image...>

But I can't get symbolic links (ln -s) to work yet on (unrooted) Android
o Have you been successful creating symbolic links on your Android phone?
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/RrRbZytwwGM>

Once I get symbolic links working, the NitroShare GUI will be easier
since "Pictures" is currently buried way down, and worse, the "most recent"
screenshot is always at the bottom of a long list of scrolling.
o <Loading Image...>

If you can get symbolic links working on unrooted Android, please advise.
o As that one feature alone will make NitroShare navigation much easier!
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to help others with this info.
chovy
2021-01-14 08:27:46 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
FYI... Happy Thanksgiving!
I just wrote a tutorial for file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi
between Android and any desktop (Mac, Linux, or Windows).
I only tested it on Windows, so I simply point you to that tutorial.
o Tutorial NitroShare FOSS cross-platform file & folder transfer over Wi-Fi between any desktop & Android
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/mbOyLNcrCK4>
What I like about NitroShare over KDEConnect is the sheer simplicity.
o It doesn't try to do anywhere as much as KDEConnect attempts to do.
It just transfers your files & folders over Wi-Fi to/from the desktop.
I'm looking for a secure way to transfer data from iOS <-> Linux/KDE
- chovy
J.O. Aho
2021-01-14 10:29:10 UTC
Post by chovy
I'm looking for a secure way to transfer data from iOS <-> Linux/KDE
kdeconnect-ios, not sure if it can be found in the apple app store, the
source code can be found at https://github.com/Inokinoki/kdeconnect-ios
--
//Aho