Nitrux - Ubuntu Fork
Jimmy Johnson
2020-10-20 05:50:02 UTC
Anybody checked it out? sysvinit, plasma5
Nitrux: https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=nitrux
Download: https://nxos.org/download/latest/
Home: https://nxos.org/
--
Jimmy Johnson

AntiX KDE5 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda12
Registered Linux User #380263
raf
Is it a live iso.
Jimmy Johnson
2020-10-22 04:47:56 UTC
Post by raf
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Anybody checked it out? sysvinit, plasma5
Nitrux: https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=nitrux
Download: https://nxos.org/download/latest/
Home: https://nxos.org/
Is it a live iso.
Yes it is and I've booted it to desktop on 3 different computers.

raf
Later.
Mike Easter
2020-10-22 23:59:53 UTC
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Anybody checked it out? sysvinit, plasma5
Nitrux: https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=nitrux
Jesse Smith reviewed it as a DW feature story recently

https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20201012#nitrux

I wouldn't call the review especially positive. Then, there were 51
reader review ratings, which resulted in a curious split between very
high and very low scores, which makes an average which is not
representative of many of those hi/lo scores.

https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=ratings&distro=nitrux Reader
Reviews

It sounds 'different'. I would be annoyed by he disorderly organization
of the menu.
Jimmy Johnson
2020-10-23 01:45:27 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Anybody checked it out? sysvinit, plasma5
Nitrux: https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=nitrux
Jesse Smith reviewed it as a DW feature story recently
https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20201012#nitrux
I wouldn't call the review especially positive. Then, there were 51
reader review ratings, which resulted in a curious split between very
high and very low scores, which makes an average which is not
representative of many of those hi/lo scores.
https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=ratings&distro=nitrux Reader
Reviews
Hey Mike. Ya, that place is a regular what's new for me to test stop and
that's how I came upon nitrux.
Post by Mike Easter
It sounds 'different'. I would be annoyed by he disorderly organization
of the menu.
Seems like the guy was scheming to make some money, I was hoping I was
wrong, hardly more than a user snapshot, a puzzle, a mess. He said some
place about it working with windows? And I was hoping someone could shed
some light. But what I get, it's different, strange, twilight zone,
really, it seems to be a mess. His apt/sources.list is a mess and there
is no security, his kernel is a open door, easy pray for the
unsuspecting user. And yes, it's annoying too. :)