[Polish] Are messages in a language other than English allowed?
jn
2021-01-06 15:25:36 UTC
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
Mike Easter
2021-01-06 15:38:07 UTC
Post by jn
Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
Googletrans: Are messages in a language other than English allowed?

There may be Polish readers of the group, but most are not. I would
recommend that if you are going to post a message in Polish, you should
*also* post an English translation of that message, which could be
obtained from someplace like Google translate or others.

I also think that if someone answers your message in Polish, they should
also provide an English translation.

There are .pl newsgroups, not not for Ub.
jn
2021-01-06 23:21:37 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by jn
Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
Googletrans: Are messages in a language other than English allowed?
There may be Polish readers of the group, but most are not.  I would
recommend that if you are going to post a message in Polish, you should
*also* post an English translation of that message, which could be
obtained from someplace like Google translate or others.
I also think that if someone answers your message in Polish, they should
also provide an English translation.
There are .pl newsgroups, not not for Ub.
www.deepl.com:
I know that English is the standard in Usenet. I don't want to pretend
that I know English by just pasting the translation from Google.
It is easier to do a face transplant than to wipe out a gaff in Usenet. ;)
Mike Easter
2021-01-07 00:31:14 UTC
Post by jn
Post by Mike Easter
There may be Polish readers of the group, but most are not.  I would
recommend that if you are going to post a message in Polish, you
should *also* post an English translation of that message, which could
be obtained from someplace like Google translate or others.
I also think that if someone answers your message in Polish, they
should also provide an English translation.
There are .pl newsgroups, not not for Ub.
I know that English is the standard in Usenet. I don't want to pretend
that I know English by just pasting the translation from Google.
It is easier to do a face transplant than to wipe out a gaff in Usenet. ;)
What I was trying to convey is that it is likely that you can say/write
something in Polish 'better' (by some metric) than its Google (or other)
English translation would be; but that would depend on whether or not
there was another who is adept in Polish to be able to read and answer
in Polish.

So, since you can say/write it best in Polish, then I would write it
that way; but...

... your putting the .en translation right there would facilitate the
understanding by more people than just those who are adept in Polish,
even if the .en translation were imperfect.
Yrrah
2021-01-06 16:42:43 UTC
[Polski] Czy wiadomo?ci w j?zyku innym ni? angielski s? dozwolone?
Nie, nie i jeszcze raz nie!

Yrrah
Mike Easter
2021-01-06 16:58:19 UTC
Post by Yrrah
Nie, nie i jeszcze raz nie!
No, no and no more!
Sjouke Burry
2021-01-06 18:41:46 UTC
Yes. But kind of stupid if you want meaningful answers.
jn
2021-01-06 23:38:30 UTC
Post by Sjouke Burry
Post by jn
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
Yes. But kind of stupid if you want meaningful answers.
www.deepl.com:
If it's a technical problem, I understand. If it is a tradition, I will
resign. Tradition must be respected. :)
Anton Ertl
2021-01-07 08:43:04 UTC
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niÅŒ angielski są dozwolone?
It's more sensible to look for an appropriate newsgroup in a
Polish-language hierarchy, maybe pl.comp.os.linux.debian. If your
Usenet provider does not carry this group yet, ask them for it.

- anton
***@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at Most things have to be believed to be seen
Andrei Z.
2021-01-07 09:33:57 UTC
Post by Anton Ertl
Post by jn
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
It's more sensible to look for an appropriate newsgroup in a
Polish-language hierarchy, maybe pl.comp.os.linux.debian. If your
Usenet provider does not carry this group yet, ask them for it.
- anton
Aioe.org news server carries 20 groups with 'pl.comp.os.linux'

https://news.aioe.org/
Bischoop
2021-01-08 16:23:35 UTC
Post by jn
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
No raczej powinienes do tego dodac tlumaczenie po angielsku, to jest
grupa angielskojezyczna inaczej zostanie potraktowane jako spam.
FYI jest aktywna grupa pl.com.os.linux ktora skupia uzytkownikow linuksa
ogolnie, polskiej ubuntu nie widzialem.

----------
You should rather add also translation in English because this is
English speaking group otherwise your post will be treated as spam.
FYI there's active group pl.com.os.linux in which are in generall all
distro linux users, I don't have seen any specifically ubuntu group.

Sie ma
Bischoop
2021-01-08 16:26:19 UTC
Post by Bischoop
Post by jn
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
No raczej powinienes do tego dodac tlumaczenie po angielsku, to jest
grupa angielskojezyczna inaczej zostanie potraktowane jako spam.
FYI jest aktywna grupa pl.com.os.linux ktora skupia uzytkownikow linuksa
ogolnie, polskiej ubuntu nie widzialem.
----------
You should rather add also translation in English because this is
English speaking group otherwise your post will be treated as spam.
FYI there's active group pl.com.os.linux in which are in generall all
distro linux users, I don't have seen any specifically ubuntu group.
Sorry, there's alt.pl.comp.os.linux.ubuntu group.

Thanks
gamo
2021-01-08 16:46:03 UTC
Post by Bischoop
Post by Bischoop
Post by jn
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
No raczej powinienes do tego dodac tlumaczenie po angielsku, to jest
grupa angielskojezyczna inaczej zostanie potraktowane jako spam.
FYI jest aktywna grupa pl.com.os.linux ktora skupia uzytkownikow linuksa
ogolnie, polskiej ubuntu nie widzialem.
----------
You should rather add also translation in English because this is
English speaking group otherwise your post will be treated as spam.
FYI there's active group pl.com.os.linux in which are in generall all
distro linux users, I don't have seen any specifically ubuntu group.
Sorry, there's alt.pl.comp.os.linux.ubuntu group.
--
Thanks
Generally speaking there are groups to almost everything, the problem
is there are no people to populate the tematic groups in the era of
ad hominen networks. So I recommend to beware to reject any kind of
people who are intelligent enough to use USENET.

Thanks for that.
--
http://gamo.sdf-eu.org/
perl -E 'say "Press return to continue";'
Bischoop
2021-01-09 00:46:53 UTC
Post by gamo
Generally speaking there are groups to almost everything, the problem
is there are no people to populate the tematic groups in the era of
ad hominen networks. So I recommend to beware to reject any kind of
people who are intelligent enough to use USENET.
True, that's mostly the problem, usenet seems to boring for this
generation.
BTW *ad hominem networks* lol not too sure about that, they tend connect
many people unlike usenet today. We like words, they love pictures,
videos, easier to express emotion for them that way than typing. I know
it kills their communication and makes them half illiterate. What I
notice now in programming groups, if someone asks where to start
learning, 90% responses directs the OP to YT videos, barely anyone today
mentions Tutorials and documentation, people can't focus on long text
now.

Thank You
jn
2021-01-10 16:57:00 UTC
Post by Bischoop
Post by Bischoop
Post by jn
[Polski] Czy wiadomości w języku innym niż angielski są dozwolone?
No raczej powinienes do tego dodac tlumaczenie po angielsku, to jest
grupa angielskojezyczna inaczej zostanie potraktowane jako spam.
FYI jest aktywna grupa pl.com.os.linux ktora skupia uzytkownikow linuksa
ogolnie, polskiej ubuntu nie widzialem.
----------
You should rather add also translation in English because this is
English speaking group otherwise your post will be treated as spam.
FYI there's active group pl.com.os.linux in which are in generall all
distro linux users, I don't have seen any specifically ubuntu group.
Sorry, there's alt.pl.comp.os.linux.ubuntu group.
--
Thanks
Zainstalowałem dodatek Quicktext do Thunderbird. Skonfigurowałem szablon
z dodawaniem tagów [no english][polski] do tematu wysyłanej odpowiedzi.
Ułatwi filtrowanie/ignorowanie bełkotu z translatora.
Testuję różne serwery NNTP.
Dziękuję za odpowiedzi.

------------------------------

I installed Quicktext add-on to Thunderbird. I've configured a template
with adding [no english][Polish] tags to the subject of the reply. It
will make it easier to filter / ignore gibberish from the translator.
I'm testing various NNTP servers.
Thank you for your answers.
Adrian Caspersz
2021-01-11 11:21:45 UTC
Post by jn
I installed Quicktext add-on to Thunderbird. I've configured a template
with adding [no english][Polish] tags to the subject of the reply. It
will make it easier to filter / ignore gibberish from the translator.
I'm testing various NNTP servers.
Thank you for your answers.
For '[no english]' headers seasoned usenet users could set up a message
filter 'killfile' to avoid seeing these posts, but new users wouldn't
have the same patience, and may just drop reading the group due to
perceived low signal-to-noise ratio.

As it is, some have trouble filtering out trolls.

Look for a Polish newsgroup. Crosspost (not multi) with dual language if
you want a wider audience.

If there is no Polish one suited and your interest topic is strong
enough, you could repurpose one of the dead groups still copied or
request a new one.

Or setup a Discourse server ...
Adrian C
jn
2021-01-11 15:56:04 UTC
Post by Adrian Caspersz
As it is, some have trouble filtering out trolls.
Look for a Polish newsgroup. Crosspost (not multi) with dual language if
you want a wider audience.
Zrozumiałem, dziękuję za odpowiedź.

Understood, thank you for your answer.