OT: How can I delete contents of entire Firefox 'Bookmarks Menu'?
bilsch01
2021-02-19 03:32:39 UTC
I needed to overwrite my hard drive with a backed up version. First, I
saved my Home directory, I saved my TB address book to an ldif file and
I exported my Firefox bookmarks to an html file. Then I replaced the
contents of the HD with the backed up system. My Firefox now has the old
set of bookmarks. I don't want to merge my newly saved bookmarks (html
file) with the old bookmarks now in Firefox, rather I want to delete all
bookmarks now in Firefox and import the entire newly saved bookmarks in
the saved html file. Can someone tell me a good way to accomplish that?

TIA. Bill S.
Gordon
2021-02-19 07:53:55 UTC
Post by bilsch01
I needed to overwrite my hard drive with a backed up version. First, I
saved my Home directory, I saved my TB address book to an ldif file and
I exported my Firefox bookmarks to an html file. Then I replaced the
contents of the HD with the backed up system. My Firefox now has the old
set of bookmarks. I don't want to merge my newly saved bookmarks (html
file) with the old bookmarks now in Firefox, rather I want to delete all
bookmarks now in Firefox and import the entire newly saved bookmarks in
the saved html file. Can someone tell me a good way to accomplish that?
TIA. Bill S.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/restore-bookmarks-from-backup-or-move-them

might be of some use.