android-x86_64-9.0-r2.iso network eth problem?
Rbwd
2021-01-26 15:50:51 UTC
Hi.

Maybe someone know ;)

I install android-x86_64-9.0-r2.iso, but there is no internet
connection, no eth adapter, ifconfig?

I try to connect with wired network, not Wi-Fi.

My setup:
Virtualbox 6.1.18 r142142
Linux 2.3 / 3.x / 4.x (64-bit)
Network: NAT PCnet-FAST III (Am79c973) - I try every adapter type,
nothing works.

How to resolve this?

Internet search have alot solution, but nothing works!

Thanks.
Adrian Caspersz
2021-01-26 19:34:06 UTC
Post by Rbwd
Internet search have alot solution, but nothing works!
Thanks.
https://www.android-x86.org/documentation/virtualbox.html

[Network] By default, your installation of Android-x86 will be able to
automatically connect to the internet. If not, you can try to enable
WiFi in Settings/Network & Internet, and connect to showing VirtWifi. If
you do not want to connect to the internet in VirtualBox, uncheck Enable
Network Adapter under the Adapter 1 tab.

I tried this software out and got bored of it pretty quickly.
Adrian C
Paul
2021-01-26 21:08:46 UTC
Post by Adrian Caspersz
Post by Rbwd
Internet search have alot solution, but nothing works!
Thanks.
https://www.android-x86.org/documentation/virtualbox.html
[Network] By default, your installation of Android-x86 will be able to
automatically connect to the internet. If not, you can try to enable
WiFi in Settings/Network & Internet, and connect to showing VirtWifi. If
you do not want to connect to the internet in VirtualBox, uncheck Enable
Network Adapter under the Adapter 1 tab.
I tried this software out and got bored of it pretty quickly.
All I can remember about my attempt, is

android-x86_64-9.0-r1.iso

is the file I tested, and I attached this tag to the filename.
I have no other notes about what happened :-)

__for_phys_not_vbox

That suggests something naughty happened :-)

If the author of these "masterworks" thinks his product
works in Vbox, there's the XML guest config file that
would allow another user to reproduce what he had done
in testing. That would allow everyone to enjoy success.

2021-01-26 21:34:21 UTC
Post by Rbwd
I install android-x86_64-9.0-r2.iso,
What happens when you boot it live?
Post by Rbwd
I want to say that I'm impressed that the Android-x86 team has been able to port Android to the x86 family of processors. The operating system is stable, works with my physical hardware (though not in VirtualBox) and runs quickly.
He ran it live and he installed it to disk; but his VB 'install' but
didn't work.

To me, pretending in VB and pretending to x86 is one too many pretensions.