bpytop bites the dust!!!
gamo
2020-12-20 02:33:06 UTC
Hey, troop, problem here...

I hear that bpytop is wonderful, fun, beautitul, etc.
So

sudo snap install bpytop

First thing I note it does not run. It requires root
priviledges to access /proc/diskstats or something
like that. Stupid thing considering you can disable
features if you have not root priviledges.

So, let's give it a chance... sudo bpytop

Wrong again! it fails with the same error.

What's going on with this soft???

Thanks.
--
http://gamo.sdf-eu.org/
"What happens in EuroVegas it remains in EuroVegas"
Paul
2020-12-20 06:45:31 UTC
Post by gamo
Hey, troop, problem here...
I hear that bpytop is wonderful, fun, beautitul, etc.
So
sudo snap install bpytop
First thing I note it does not run. It requires root
priviledges to access /proc/diskstats or something
like that. Stupid thing considering you can disable
features if you have not root priviledges.
So, let's give it a chance... sudo bpytop
Wrong again! it fails with the same error.
What's going on with this soft???
Thanks.
https://github.com/aristocratos/bpytop/issues/17

"[aristocratos] I'm not the maintainer for the snap package.

snap connect
"

I have no idea what that means.

Paul
Paul
2020-12-20 06:48:29 UTC
gamo
2020-12-20 10:38:01 UTC
Post by Paul
Post by Paul
Post by gamo
Hey, troop, problem here...
I hear that bpytop is wonderful, fun, beautitul, etc.
So
sudo snap install bpytop
First thing I note it does not run. It requires root
priviledges to access /proc/diskstats or something
like that. Stupid thing considering you can disable
features if you have not root priviledges.
So, let's give it a chance... sudo bpytop
Wrong again! it fails with the same error.
What's going on with this soft???
Thanks.
https://github.com/aristocratos/bpytop/issues/17
  "[aristocratos] I'm not the maintainer for the snap package.
                  snap connect
  "
I have no idea what that means.
   Paul
Wait, there's more. You not only get the Ginsu knife,
I'll throw in the tomato.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1299044/so-there-is-bpytop-from-snap
sudo snap connect bpytop:mount-observe
sudo snap connect bpytop:network-control
sudo snap connect bpytop:hardware-observe
sudo snap connect bpytop:system-observe
sudo snap connect bpytop:process-control
sudo snap connect bpytop:physical-memory-observe
Users love this sort of thing, apparently.
   Paul
Seems fancy, but that aditional snaps doesn't solve the problem.