ZFS support
Vir Campestris
2024-03-08 21:36:03 UTC
What's the best place to discuss ZFS questions?
I'm trying to do something pretty simple, yet it looks as though I
can't, and I'd like to discuss with someone who knows.

In case someone here knows - I have a ZFS mirror set of a couple of
500GB drives. It's got full, and my son has kindly given me a 1TB drive.

What I'd like to do is to mirror the 1TB with a stripe set of the two
little ones - but I haven't found the right incantation and I am
beginning to think it might not be possible.

Andy
philo
2024-05-05 15:37:56 UTC
Post by Vir Campestris
What's the best place to discuss ZFS questions?
I'm trying to do something pretty simple, yet it looks as though I
can't, and I'd like to discuss with someone who knows.
In case someone here knows - I have a ZFS mirror set of a couple of
500GB drives. It's got full, and my son has kindly given me a 1TB drive.
What I'd like to do is to mirror the 1TB with a stripe set of the two
little ones - but I haven't found the right incantation and I am
beginning to think it might not be possible.
Andy
Don't know if this will help but I was once given the task of retrieving
data from an old SCO server. I ended up backing it up to an unused
partition as if it were a tape back up.
Then from there, restoring it to a partition with a file system of my
choice.