Request package upgrade not possible?
Markus Robert Kessler
2024-04-15 18:47:25 UTC
Hi all,

in contrary to usual way i.e. wait until a program crashes and a bugreport
is automatically started, I tried to request to upgrade an existing
package to the current version of its source (muse sequencer 4.1 to 4.2).

Therefore I opened a "launchpad" account as demanded from user and tried
to create such a request, but it seems not to be supported. All you get is
"help" pages, but no form to write a bugreport / request.

Has someone already filed such a request successfully?

Best regards,

Markus
Marco Moock
2024-04-18 09:21:57 UTC
Am 15.04.2024 schrieb Markus Robert Kessler
Post by Markus Robert Kessler
Hi all,
in contrary to usual way i.e. wait until a program crashes and a
bugreport is automatically started, I tried to request to upgrade an
existing package to the current version of its source (muse sequencer
4.1 to 4.2).
Therefore I opened a "launchpad" account as demanded from user and
tried to create such a request, but it seems not to be supported. All
you get is "help" pages, but no form to write a bugreport / request.
Have you tried?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/

Select Ubuntu there.
Yes.
Markus Robert Kessler
2024-04-18 12:44:18 UTC
Post by Marco Moock
Am 15.04.2024 schrieb Markus Robert Kessler
Post by Markus Robert Kessler
Hi all,
in contrary to usual way i.e. wait until a program crashes and a
bugreport is automatically started, I tried to request to upgrade an
existing package to the current version of its source (muse sequencer
4.1 to 4.2).
Therefore I opened a "launchpad" account as demanded from user and
tried to create such a request, but it seems not to be supported. All
you get is "help" pages, but no form to write a bugreport / request.
Have you tried? https://bugs.launchpad.net/
Select Ubuntu there.
Post by Markus Robert Kessler
Has someone already filed such a request successfully?
Yes.
Hm. This feature seem not to be supported in a new account.

When I log into https://bugs.launchpad.net,
I select ubuntu,
get an overview page,
click on 'report a bug'

then all that comes is 'documentaion' about 'Getting Support', 'How to
report bugs', 'Create a Launchpad account',

but not a single attempt to provide a form which the user can enter the
bug details with.

This is useless.

Can you provide the exact URL to the form which can be used to indeed
report a bug?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Markus
Marco Moock
2024-04-18 12:55:33 UTC
Am 18.04.2024 schrieb Markus Robert Kessler
Post by Markus Robert Kessler
Hm. This feature seem not to be supported in a new account.
Maybe try the ubuntu-bug command instead.