On Line banking
philo
2021-01-23 22:42:38 UTC
I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.

Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.

My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
later I'm again locked out.

I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc

Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
Windows machine.

Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.
Mike Easter
2021-01-23 23:24:06 UTC
Post by philo
I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.
Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.
My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
later I'm again locked out.
I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc
Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
Windows machine.
Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.
Maybe your bank is determining user agent and it doesn't
recognize/accept linux.

Ffx has a user-agent switcher. Chrome can be adjusted.
Mike Easter
philo
2021-01-23 23:39:25 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by philo
I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.
Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.
My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
later I'm again locked out.
I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc
Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
Windows machine.
Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.
Maybe your bank is determining user agent and it doesn't
recognize/accept linux.
Ffx has a user-agent switcher.  Chrome can be adjusted.
Wow , are you ever a genius...thank you!

Now working in FF. I really appreciate your fast and excellent reply.

I was about to start fooling with Boolean strings until a saw there was
an easy to use extension ....user-agent switcher

I doubt if my bank would have been of much help.
Dirk T. Verbeek
2021-01-24 08:44:56 UTC
Post by philo
Post by Mike Easter
Post by philo
I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.
Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.
My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
later I'm again locked out.
I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc
Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
Windows machine.
Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.
Maybe your bank is determining user agent and it doesn't
recognize/accept linux.
Ffx has a user-agent switcher.  Chrome can be adjusted.
Wow , are you ever a genius...thank you!
Now working in FF. I really appreciate your fast and excellent reply.
I was about to start fooling with Boolean strings until a saw there was
an easy to use extension ....user-agent switcher
I doubt if my bank would have been of much help.
Goof stuff, please inform your bank of this error in their software and
tell us which one it is so we can avoid them.
philo
2021-01-24 11:03:51 UTC
I will contact them.

It is US Bank
Bobbie Sellers
2021-01-24 15:28:41 UTC
Post by philo
I will contact them.
It is US Bank
Strangely that is the one I use.
I use updated Firefox in a private window to access the site.
Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit) rarely have problems on PCLinux64 OS
a rolling release about 2021.01 but the iso files I think are about 2 or
3 months old currently.

bliss
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
Mike Easter
2021-01-24 17:59:55 UTC
Post by philo
It is US Bank
    Strangely that is the one I use.
    I use updated Firefox in a private window to access the site.
Private ffx doesn't save cookies, which cookies also include user agent.

But I'm still having trouble trying to use 'logic' to understand what
was going on w/ philo's problem w/ the bank in light of BS's info.
Mike Easter
philo
2021-01-24 19:32:28 UTC
Although all is now working.. I did email US Bank to inform them.
I also informed them that their email address in their website is wrong.

Sheesh

The only reason I even had a working address was from a reply from a previous tech issue.
Dirk T. Verbeek
IT is not their core business :/
philo
2021-01-26 15:48:35 UTC
Post by Dirk T. Verbeek
Post by philo
Although all is now working.. I did email US Bank to inform them.
I also informed them that their email address in their website is wrong.
Sheesh
The only reason I even had a working address was from a reply from a previous tech issue.
IT is not their core business :/
I did hear back from them and they said they were going to inform their
IT team.
philo
2021-01-27 00:36:44 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by philo
It is US Bank
     Strangely that is the one I use.
     I use updated Firefox in a private window to access the site.
Private ffx doesn't save cookies, which cookies also include user agent.
But I'm still having trouble trying to use 'logic' to understand what
was going on w/ philo's problem w/ the bank in light of BS's info.
Even though your solution worked, I did try another browser in a
private window and that did not do the trick.

Anyway all I need is one working browser
D***@decadence.org
2021-02-09 05:24:53 UTC
Post by philo
Post by Mike Easter
Post by philo
It is US Bank
     Strangely that is the one I use.
     I use updated Firefox in a private window to access
the site.
Private ffx doesn't save cookies, which cookies also include user agent.
But I'm still having trouble trying to use 'logic' to understand
what was going on w/ philo's problem w/ the bank in light of BS's
info.
Even though your solution worked, I did try another browser in a
private window and that did not do the trick.
Anyway all I need is one working browser
They also have computer algorithms that might be rejecting becauase
your activity appears not much different than that of a person trying
to hack into an account. Too much all at once. They probably send
you emails about new logins. (Unless you turned that off on your bank
site).

philo
2021-01-25 12:53:01 UTC
I did not think to try a private window.
But I did try several browsers other than FF ...Chrome, Brave Browser, Opera and Vivaldi.

Anyway...spoofing the user agent did the trick.
azigni
2021-01-25 05:38:18 UTC
Have you really verified your phone and Windoze are virus free? perhaps
with a paid app instead of a free one?